Covershield Antimicrobial Protectant
The next generation of surface protection! Move from frequent treatments to one-time prevention. Covershield prevents mold, mildew, algae and odor causing bacteria from reoccuring and improves indoor air quality!
- Patented and proprietary formulations elevate the industry standards as a world-class biocide for odor elimination, disinfectant and anti-microbial properties
- Covershield is non-toxic, non-corrosive – safe for everyone and biodegradable for the environment
- A one-time application of Covershield provides surface protection which creates an inhospitable surface environment for the growth of microbes.
- No clean up required
How Does Covershield Work? Download PDF
Covershield imparts durable biostatic activity to the surface of a wide variety of substrates. It forms a positively charged layer that molecularly bonds to the treated surface. When a microorganism comes in contact with this layer, the active agent punctures the cell membrane and the electrical charge shocks the cell and physically destroys it. No hand to chemical contact - No clean up required! No leaching technology or heavy metals. Safe and harmless to people, pets and the environment.
Covershield vs Conventional Chemical Cleaners
Conventional chemical cleaners are short-lived, require frequent use and offer no long-term prevention or protection against new microbes from once again forming on the surface. Covershield is a one-time application that provides surface protection which creates an inhospitable surface environment that inhibits the growth of microbes.
Product Instructions Download PDF
Covershield is mixed by adding 1 part Covershield Antimicrobial to 3 parts water.
When using this product wear protective eyewear (goggles or face shield) and rubber gloves. Dry treated areas and articles such as clothing before use. Remove children and pets from the treated area until completely dry. Clean surfaces prior to application.
Aqueous solutions can be prepared by simply adding the antimicrobial to water with stirring. Surfaces can be treated with the aqueous solution by brushing, dipping, padding, soaking, spraying or fogging until adequately wet or applying by foaming techniques. For full application instructions, contact us.
Covershield may be applied to or incorporated into manufactured products listed below for use in industrial institutional, commercial or residential locations for non-food contract uses.
- Plastics, fiberglass, metals, glass, wood, ceramics, stone, natural materials, composites: including air filters for furnaces, air conditioners, air purification devices, automobiles, and recirculating air handling systems: aquarium filters, automotive and vehicular parts
- Roofing materials (tiles, shakes, shingles, granules, stone, membranes, felt, underlayment and synthetic overcoats
- Building materials and components: (including siding, wallboard, wood and wood composites, insulation and non-food contact cabinetry
- Ceiling tiles; concrete products; dry concrete and grout mixes
- Non-food contact conveyor and humidifier belts, non-food contact countertops
- Fiberglass duct board for air handling systems
- Floor covering: flooring
- General Purpose non-food contact containers
- Furniture, bathroom and non-food contact kitchen hardware, mats
- Plumbing supplies and fixtures
- Sheet and formed glass
- Sponges and mops
- Vacuum cleaner bags and filters, foam for packaging and cushioning in nonfood-contact applications
- Fibers, fabrics (natural and synthetic woven and non-woven), leather and household materials (natural and synthetic): Including buffer pads (abrasive and polishing)
- Mattress cover pads, filing and ticking, pillow covers, sheets, blankets, bedspreads, fiberfill for upholstery, apparel, recreational gear, quilts and pillows, curtains, draperies, carpet and carpet underlay, rugs, upholstery, towels, shower curtains, toilet tank and seat covers, wall covering fabrics and wallpaper (including vinyl) for non-food contact surfaces, umbrellas, fire hose fabric, non-woven disposable diapers, wiping cloths
- Pre-moistened towelettes and tissue wipes (these do not impart pesticidal properties)
- Apparel: including outerwear, sportswear, sleepwear, socks, hosiery, undergarments, gloves and uniforms, footwear (boots, shoes and components); sports equipment and athletic gear
- Outdoor equipment: cloth for sails, ropes, tents, sandbags, tarps; awnings, book covers, pictures
- Miscellaneous Manufactured Products: Paints and Coatings; disposable foam cushions for Lapidus Airfloat Systems; foam used as a growth medium for non-food crops and plants
- Miscellaneous Manufactured Products: Paints and Coatings
- Hospital bedding: Disposable foam cushions for Lapidus Airfloat Systems therapy for pressure sores,
- Foam used as a growth medium for non-food crops and plants
- Athletes Foot: Shoes and socks CovershieldS provides residual self-sanitizing activity against athlete’s foot fungus (Trichophyton mentagrophytes) on treated socks. Durable for up to 10 repeated washings; prevents 99.9% of the growth of athlete’s foot fungus on the sock.